Have you found the one? Has swiping left and right become too tedious for you? Or do you simply want to delete the account because of the lack of options available? Maybe it’s time to take a break from online dating and delete plenty of fish account. If you don’t want to keep your POF account, you have come to the right place. We will show you how to delete your plenty of fish account for good, regardless of your reasons.
Deleting the App Doesn’t Delete Your Account
Like with most paid mobile applications having subscriptions, POF doesn’t let you leave easily. Uninstalling the app from your mobile device doesn’t mean you have canceled your subscription or deleted your account. All your pictures, matches, and messages remain active on your profile. It’s not essentially a bad thing since you can get back into the dating game at any time. It’s simply a matter of reinstalling the app and signing in once again. On the other hand, if you have already planned on leaving, keeping your profile up could pose problems like account discoverability and vulnerability or in some cases even identity theft.
Quick note: In terms of privacy violations, there are many dating apps and websites that have the potential to put your personal information at risk. However, they pale in comparison with data brokers. Several sites store your personal information and publish it online without your consent, such as Whitepages, Mylif, or, Spokeo
Getting the Basics Right
POF offers you two options- either delete your profile permanently or hide it from public view. Find out how to permanently delete your POF account by following this guide.
Delete Pof Account From a Web Browser
It is important to understand that deleting your POF account will permanently remove all of your information, preferences, photos, and previous matches. The following steps describe how to delete your POF account using a web browser:
- Navigate to https://www.pof.com using any web browser you prefer.
- Select the “Sign In” option in the upper right corner of the web page.
- Log in to your POF account by entering your email or username and typing in your password associated with the account. Once you have filled in your relevant details click on the “Log In” button.
- Once you are logged into your account, navigate to the account deletion page by clicking on the URL https://pof.com/deleteaccount.
- You will now come across several questions related to the deletion of your account. Answer them as required and then click on the “Delete Account” button.
- Congrats! You’ve reached the final step of the deletion process. Here you simply need to confirm your removal request. Click the “Delete Account” button to complete the process.
Well done! Your Plenty of Fish (POF) account is now successfully deleted. Please note that any paid subscriptions that you may have purchased will be deactivated as soon as your account is removed.
How to Confirm That Your Pof Account Is Successfully Deleted?
In some cases, despite completing the steps above, your POF account may still be active. Your only option in this situation is to contact POF directly via email and request that your account is deleted. POF’s customer care service can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for deletion requests. As an alternative contact method, you can use their contact form for any account-related concerns. After your POF account has been deleted, all of its data will be deleted forever without a chance for its restoration.
Cancel POF Subscription on Android & iPhone
A subscription purchased with a Google Play or Apple ID must be canceled separately. Here’s how you can cancel an Apple subscription and cancel a Google Play subscription. Below is the detailed step-by-step guide for your benefit.
How to Cancel POF Subscription on Android Phone
For users whose subscriptions are handled by Google Play Store, follow these instructions to cancel the POF subscription.
- Get started by going to the Google Play Store app.
- In the Play Store menu, click on “Account“.
- Click on “Subscriptions” to continue.
- Next, select the POF app to cancel the subscription.
- To cancel the POF app, click “Cancel“, then confirm your cancellation by clicking “Yes“. That’s all there is to it!
How to Cancel POF Subscription on iPhone
For subscriptions through iTunes/the App Store, follow the given steps to cancel it. The POF team does not handle third-party subscriptions and is unable to cancel them for you.
- Open iTunes & Apple Store from your iPhone or iPad’s settings.
- Tap the Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Now, tap on “View Apple ID“.
- Then, go to “Subscription“.
- Go ahead and cancel your membership.
- Select “Cancel POF Subscription” to end your subscription and you are all set.
When You Are Undecided
For those of you who simply want a break from dating and may return to POF in the future, hiding your account might be the best option. You can hide your account from the profile visibility section of your account. Once hidden, your profile will not appear in search results and POF suggestions.
What Happens When Your POF Account Is Hidden?
Apart from your profile not appearing in search results, or as suggestions, a hidden profile is not matched with other account users. However, all POF users that have interacted with you in the past will be able to check out your profile. These include your favorites, users you have contacted after hiding your profile, users who have messaged you, and those using the “Username Search” function to find your profile.
Ready to Get Back Into the Game?
Whenever you are ready to re-enable your account, navigate to your profile and unhide it. However, if you want to stick to your decision, today is the first day of your swipe-free life!
Want more tips and tricks with updates? Then stay tuned!
For any questions, suggestions, and feedback, feel free to send us a message on our contact us page.